The amount of tuition you are charged is based upon your residency. Your residency classification is based on rules and regulations established by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
In-District/Dallas County Resident: A student currently residing in Dallas County who has lived in Texas for the past 12 months.
Out-of-District/Out-of-County: A student who is a resident of Texas, for the past 12 months, but resides outside of Dallas County.
Out-of-State: A student who is a U.S. citizen who has not lived in the state of Texas for the past 12 months.
Out-of-Country: A student who is a non U.S. citizen and does not hold a resident alien card.
A student that is seeking to establish Texas residency, must supply documentation that proves the student has lived in Texas for at least 12 months prior to registration.
One of the following items must be submitted with your application to claim in-state status:
- Official Texas driver’s license or state ID that is at least 12 months old
- A valid Texas voter registration card that is at least 12 months old
- A letter from your employer(s) on company letterhead, verifying employment in Texas for at least 12 months prior to registration
- A copy of a lease agreement in the student’s name for a period of 12 months prior to registration.
- A copy of a property deed and/or current tax statement showing residency for at least 12 months prior to registration
- A copy of your transcript from a Texas high school showing attendance or graduation within the past 12 months
- Canceled checks, bank statements or utility bills in the student’s name covering each of the 12 months prior to registration
- Pay stubs for the preceding 12 months prior to registration
- Written statements of one or more social service agencies, attesting to provision of service to the 12 months prior to registration
If you are a minor, or are claimed as a dependent on your parent/legal guardian’s federal income tax, you may provide the information listed above in their name. You must also include a copy of the most recent federal income tax filed listing you as a dependent.
Once your in-state residency status is established, your classification as in-district (Dallas County resident) or out-of-district is based on where you actually reside or own property.
If you are classified as a Texas resident and live in or own real estate in Dallas County, you are eligible for the in-district tuition rate. If you meet in-state requirements but live outside Dallas County, you will pay the out-of-district tuition rate. If you move outside Dallas County on or before a semester’s certification date (12th class day), you must pay the additional tuition.
To establish in-district residency, you must present one of the following:
- Official Texas driver’s license or state ID
- A current lease agreement in your name at the correct Dallas County address
- A current Texas voter registration card listing your correct Dallas County address
- A current automobile registration showing your correct Dallas County address
- A copy of a current deed and/or property tax statement showing ownership of Dallas County property
- Printed checks showing your correct Dallas County address
- Business or official correspondence at your correct Dallas County address (utility bills, telephone bills, billing statements from department stores or credit agencies)
Texas State Law (Noriega Bill, HB1403, SB 1528) states that you can be admitted to a college and be considered a resident of Texas if you resided in Texas, and meet all the following conditions:
*Affidavits are available in the Admissions Office located Building C, Room 119 of the Eastfield College campus. Please bring a photo ID. Acceptable ID’s include a driver license, high school or college ID and Mexican government issued identification cards known as “Maticula Consular”.
Applies to students that are unable to provide proof of US citizenship, a social security number or a Texas high school diploma or GED. A valid tax ID will aid in application process but is not required.
Applies to students that have a valid United States of America Permanent Resident Card.
Work Authorization Card
Applies to students that have a valid work only Social Security Card and official work authorization card with picture.
If you have additional questions about residency please contact the Admissions Office at 4AdmissionsOffice@dcccd.edu.