Eastfield College Logo
The mission of Eastfield College is to provide excellence in teaching and learning.

Transcript Evaluations

Students transferring to the colleges of DCCCD from other institutions of higher education must turn in official transcripts from all U.S. (and U.S. territories) institutions attended, to the Admissions Office of the college they wish to attend. Transcripts must be no older than three years from the date the transcript was printed to comply with the state records and retention law, established by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. Students seeking admission after having not attended for a year or longer must also submit a new official transcript.

Official transcript evaluators who provide service to the college will complete course-by-course evaluations as needed for degree or program planning. Students will then be informed about the amount of credit that will transfer prior to the end of the first academic term in which they are enrolled. Once the student has been notified that the credits have been evaluated, the student may look at the results on eConnect.

Effective March 2013, lower-level transfer credits from other institutions are included on the official academic transcript. Official transcripts from all higher education institutions must be on file in the Admissions/Registrar's Office. Generally, the college will not accept junior and senior level coursework as transfer credit unless there is an approved articulation agreement with the specific four-year college or university.

Coursework completed at colleges and universities outside the United States will be considered for transfer on an individual basis.

Credits earned through other education programs - such as credit-by-examination, military experience and the U.S. Armed Forces Institute - are reviewed by the Registrar and credit may be granted if applicable.

You must submit to the Admissions Office all official transcripts from all higher education institutions before an evaluation can take place. Any questions concerning the validity of the document(s) will result in a need to have an official transcript(s) sent directly from the other institution(s) to the Admissions Office.