Self service copying machines and printers are available to students, employees, and members of the community for the purpose of duplicating materials of a personal or educational nature. Copies may be produced on a standard copying machine. Printers are located at the computer banks for use with printing items from any of the library computers.
The copy machines and printers must generate their own income; therefore, copies are produced for a charge. All copies cost 10¢ per letter size and legal size page. Copying pages front and back cost 15 ¢.
Virtual accounts may be used for printing and copying. Accounts may be set up and money added at the Library, LAC, and Computer Lab. Each copy made will reduce the amount in the virtual account. Additional money may be added at any time using the Printer Kiosk.
Accounts are created by qualified Librarians at the Information Services Desk using the Pharos system. Proof of identification such as Eastfield College ID or other DCCCD ID or Driver’s License is required.
1. Students and non-students must hand ID to Librarian.
2. Non-students are provided with a premade card in file box near telephone.
3. Librarian clicks on INSERT on Pharos system.
4. Enter Login ID.
5. Enter first name.
6. Enter last name.
7. Click OK at bottom of screen.
A Printer Kiosk is available at the entrance to the Library for the purpose of adding value to accounts.
1. At initial screen, click red button to start.
2. Student ID cards may be scanned at scanner on left side of machine.
3. On keypad, enter ID number
4. Machine will turn on and green light at bottom will allow addition of money.
5. Put $1.00 bills, $5.00 bills or $10.00 bills into slot.
Bizhub copiers require a pre-set account.
1. Touch Username on the screen.
2. Enter ID number on keypad.
3. Press OK on screen.
4. At Password, enter OK on screen
5. Choose paper size and press OK.
6. Mode Memory allows pre-set formats.
a. 2 p Front Back
b. 4 p Front Back Lt (letter size)
c. 4 p Front Back Lg (legal size)
7. To log out, press Access key and select Logout.
Printing requires a two step process.
1. To send a document to the printer, press PRINT.
2. On first screen, enter ID number and name of print job.
3. On second screen, confirm amount of money for the print job.
4. Click “yes”.
Two printers are located at the computer banks at Reference. Printers require a pre-set account number.
1. Enter ID at Login space.
2. Cursor goes to Password which may be bypassed if no password has been setup.
3. Click on Logon at bottom of screen.
The United States Copyright Law will be observed.
WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.”
If a user makes a request for, or later uses a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use”, that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This Institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Effective Date: 07/26/95
Revised Date: 08/09/11