When you have secured a room booking on campus for the event date and made arrangements for room set up/custodial, contact MPS for presentation, sound, and video support. Three business days' notice is required to properly arrange for staffing and equipment. Book equipment and event support by doing one of the following. A confirmation of your event support will be send via e-mail or preferred contact method.
Generally, Reporting Week is the best time for training faculty on the use of the display devices and other technology in the learning studios. We can arrange to meet you at your convenience in the learning studios during non-booked event times. Contact us to schedule an orientation.
Equipment can be checked out for official campus and district business related events. You will be required to complete a district off campus use of equipment form. Some departments require division approval prior to check out. Check with your supervisor for details.
The diverse content of the media collection is a result of a continuous and collaborative effort between EFC faculty members and MPS staff. Please submit your ideas, specific titles, and resource suggestions to help develop the collection.
The Learning Studios are constantly evolving. When you identify a type of technology you wish to see incorporated in the classroom, contact us to begin the dialogue. We welcome the opportunity to work with faculty to enhance the teaching and learning experience.
We welcome your requests for instructional media titles from the main campus collection for instructional use in an Eastfield College course classroom. Titles are purchased with licenses for non public performance, face to face teaching use at the institution locations including Eastfield main and south campuses and interlibrary loan to district campuses. Please use Media & Production Services (MPS) titles for Eastfield College courses only.
to determine if titles are from the MPS collection and not a Library circulation
This distinctive label appears on the media jacket.
1. Plan at least 1 week in advance of your show date to insure booking, van delivery, arrival, and processing at time of request.
2. Visit us to submit your request in person or e-mail request to EFC IML or 4Media from your Groupwise account. Include title, call number, and program/part number if in a series.
3. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you within 24 hours.
4. Pick up your media title in Room L112.
5. Return the media title after your last reserved show date. It is important to return the title promptly for van delivery and processing for faculty and student at our sister campuses.
(on campus use in library only)
Students may use MPS materials in the library by reserving items 24 hours in advance. Student use of materials for classroom presentations must be arranged by the instructor. Students cannot check out materials from Media & Production Services.